The people of Metal Flow Corporation are deeply committed to providing the highest quality processes and products to customers around the world. We produce high volume, technically sophisticated custom metal components through the deep draw process using a variety of metals, and are actively seeking candidates who have an interest in working in a precision environment to create safety critical, quality product that serves primarily the global automotive industry. Successful team members will thrive in a fast-paced production environment while still maintaining organization, attention to detail, and a quality focus.
Metal Flow Offers:
Metal Flow is looking for new, dedicated team members to fill roles as press and machine operators.
Metal Flow is currently searching for committed individuals with some manufacturing experience to fill Technical Operator roles on our production floor.
Metal Flow is actively looking for dedicated individuals with leadership and solid tool building skills to apply for positions as a machinists. Successful candidates should have strong organization and communication abilities and should be capable of performing specialized tool building activities on limited toolroom equipment. Individuals applying for this role should be energized by a fast-paced automotive environment while maintaining attention to detail and demonstrating commitment to driving and following processes.
Metal Flow is actively seeking experienced Journeyman Toolmakers who are interested in joining the Metal Flow team. A successful candidate will have considerable formal training on toolroom (lathes, mills, grinders etc) and/or production (ICOP, Transfer, and/or Progressive Presses) equipment. Additionally, Journeyman Toolmakers should be able to read and understand blueprints and use quality measurement tools with expertise.
Journeyman Toolmakers also responsible for monitoring tool usage and working with the toolcrib/toolroom to ensure that adequate back-up tools are on hand and properly prepared in advance of being needed to avoid unplanned and unnecessary downtime.
Journeyman Toolmakers are responsible for assisting in the design and engineering of tooling and should have an extensive ability to troubleshoot and problem solve on developments, new jobs, and existing jobs. Toolmakers should be leaders in the continuous improvement process and should have the ability to take ownership of driving process, tooling, and equipment enhancements that will improve production efficiency and product quality.
At Metal Flow Journeyman Toolmakers are encouraged to assist in the development of team members (including apprentices) and work constructively with others in various areas of the organization to achieve common goals.Apply Now
Metal Flow is looking for new, dedicated team members to fill a role in the shipping department. We have positions on 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift. Shipping clerk/material handler are primarily responsible for preparing all paperwork for the daily shipments and ensuring that product needed for shipment is packed, prepared, staged, and loaded to shippers and trucks in a timely fashion.
Specific job responsibilities include:
Prepare paperwork from the computer for the daily shipments.
Coordinate and participate in weighing, bar-coding, packing, and preparation of products to be shipped each day.
Prepare and stage milk-run orders prior to truck arrival.
Understand and participate in the successful use of customer KANBAN requirements.
Verify that all shipments are accurate and not damaged prior to departure from the building.
Safely and effectively operation of hi-lo equipment in a production environment to coordinate the movement of product throughout the building and ultimately on to trucks.
Load and unload products onto trucks.
Report and/or DMT any damage to products, trucks, hi-los, building infrastructure, etc.
Set an example by following procedures as a daily routine. Specifically, keep the work area organized and clean, and safe while having strong attendance and a positive team-player attitude.
Safely Operate Hi Lo in a fast paced production setting
Adhere to the safety and quality polices at all times
Additional duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.Apply Now
Metal Flow is a rapidly growing, innovative metal forming company with extensive value added manufacturing technologies focused on bringing value to customers and to the community we serve. The ideal Manufacturing Engineer candidate will demonstrate a positive attitude, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, drive to meet deadlines, and a desire to grow with a company over the long-term. Additionally, he/she will have proven self-directing project management skills, and proven leadership ability and desire to work in a team-based atmosphere.
Duties will include, but not be limited to: planning, directing, and coordinating manufacturing processes. The individual in this role will develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods while utilizing a his/her knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards. Individuals applying for this role should be energized by a fast-paced automotive environment while maintaining attention to detail and demonstrating commitment to driving and following processes.
This role is primarily responsible for the following activities:
Preferred Experience and Skills:
The Production Quality Technician will serve as a champion of manufacturing’s quality efforts, driving performance by auditing quality systems and utilizing effective problem solving to ultimately provide Metal Flow’s customers with products that meet or exceed their requirements and expectations.
· Conduct, qualify, and promote team member training in work centers, Quality Lab and as requested in corporate training programs.
· Drive Quality Improvements.
· Conduct audits of Metal Flow’s quality systems and manufacturing processes (especially containment), procedures, products, and adherence to corrective actions.
· Review SPC Data.
· Responsible for addressing and closing audit findings in department(s) of responsibility.
· Assist in coordinating 8D/corrective action.
· n efforts to resolve customer concerns with the appropriate.
· Actively participate in problem solving processes to determine root cause and identify corrective actions.
· Other tasks, projects, and responsibilities as requested by direct supervisor.
· Practice safe work habits, and support the housekeeping and 5S initiatives of the organization by engaging and enhancing the process.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Requirements:
The PPAP Coordinator will lead and own the Customer PPAP documentation process. Ensure the APQP and PPAP documentation is compliant with AIAG, Customer Specific requirements and delivered completely and on-time. Successful candidates will have the ability to multi-task, be detailed-oriented, data-driven and organized.
We are currently seeking a new team member to job our engineering department in a position that is centered on designing transfer die tooling using CAD Solid Edge. The ideal Tool Design Engineer candidate will demonstrate a positive attitude, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, drive to meet deadlines, and a desire to contribute to the company long-term. Additionally, he/she will have proven self-directing work skills, past tool design experience, and a desire to work in a team-based atmosphere.
Duties will include all activities related to designing effective and robust tooling that will meet or exceed the customers’ requirements as well as Metal Flow’s expectations for craftsmanship. The individual in this role will be responsible for tool design and implementation during new tool development as well as for playing a lead role in continuous improvement activities of both new and well established jobs. Design engineers also play a key role in tool verification, assembly, and production development. Individuals applying for this role should be energized by a fast-paced automotive environment while maintaining attention to detail, working constructively with others, and demonstrating commitment to driving and following processes.
The candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision while meeting deadlines and designing high quality tooling that will be successful in the production process. Individuals in this role must demonstrate an openness to learning, have a desire to problem-solve with creativity, and contribute to the growth of the organization. Candidates will need to have a background in transfer and/or progressive die tool deign for the metal forming process, so they can easily step into this open position and contribute to the objectives of the team.
This role is primarily responsible for the following activities:
The process engineer is primarily responsible for determining and documenting the operations required to produce products and develop process to ensure quality, cost, and efficiency requirements are met. This job plays a key role in launching new products and processes, determining process best practices, and maintaining product routings as improvements are made. They also must meet or exceed quality standards set forth by Metal Flow and our customers.
Metal Flow is looking to hire a Quality Supervisor. The Supervisor will be responsible for monitoring, planning and implementing production, quality processes and safety objections. The supervisor will also be responsible for cost saving, waste elimination, and personnel management in an exemplary manner according to Metal Flow’s quality polices.
· Monitor metrology lab daily to ensure layout requirements are met.
· Facilitating productivity improvements.
· Plan for scheduled downtime to make sure repairs and calibrations are completed on measurement equipment.
· Plan and schedule all layout requirements for layout requests, gage certifications, annual requirements, gage R&R’s, and all other metrology needs.
· Responsible for the achievement of quality key metrics, including run time attainment, equipment set up, internal parts per million (PPM), and cost of quality (COQ), safety, quality of time Production Part Approval Processes (PPAP’s), on time delivery, premium freight.
· Ensure all documentation layout requests are timely, as well as accurately completed by the production team.
· Accurately and efficiently develop and implement action plant to achieve metric goals.
· Use problem solving methods to lead the development of action plans. Initiate and participate in 8D or 5 Why teams depending on the customer requirements, internal and external.
· Drive company wide lean initiatives and continuous improvement events, including continuous improvement activities and standardized work.
· Schedule, review and approve team members schedules daily.
· Complete and present annual performance appraisals for all direct report employees, outlining positive and negative performance.
· Provide consistent feedback to employees regarding job task performance and accomplished of goals.
· Oversee on the job training efforts, to ensure necessary training and communication occurs.
· Support management, engineers and technicians with special projects as required.
· Organize and maintain the schedule for cleaning and general maintenance of the CMM’s, gages, and measurement equipment by filling out logs of activities and preforming necessary PM’s as scheduled.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Must have high school diploma or GED.
· Experience working in a quality environment and knowledge of quality documentation.
· Proficiency with gage calibration, including gage repeatability and reproducibility (R&R).
· Experience with GD &T and CMM operation.
· Knowledge of CMM Programs such as PC-DIS
· Computer Literacy
· Strong communication and organization skills.
· Experience with quality metrics, manufacturing metrics, continuous improvement.
· Previous experience in the automotive industry a plus.Apply Now
Paid Sourcing internship.
This internship will provide a college level student with practical experience related to his or her major that will enhance their classroom learning. They will work under direct supervision/guidance of the Procurement team to provide continuous improvement activities relating to business management. This internship will assist with a variety of supplier relationship functions. Help to identify improvements and develop strategies for sourcing. They will also respond to supply chain challenges and bring innovative solutions to the table. In addition, they may be assigned specific projects as part of, or in addition to, the day to day activities related different departments.
This is a full time or part time assignment during the summer. Depending on the candidate a possible opportunity to work into school semester. Looking for intern for summer 2022!
Education and Experience
Must be currently pursuing a B.A. in Business Admiration/Management or related field.
Ability to work in Holland, MI without housing or relocation assistance.
Skills and Abilities:
Must be able to work with minimal supervision
Strong organizational skills, detail orientated, self-motivated
Excellent verbal and written communication
Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
Proficient in using Excel, Work and PowerPoint
May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Purchasing Coordinator-Tooling role will assist in all purchasing functions to meet company objectives of world class quality and maximum customer satisfaction at the lowest possible cost.
Education- High School Diploma, or recognized equivalent. College Degree preferred
Training- On the job
Skills- Organization, planning, negotiating skills, strong analytical comprehension, basic understanding of blue print reading, intermediate Excel aptitude, ability to manage multiple tasks/assignments with prioritization and focus to detail.
Experience- background in industrial purchasing or cost estimating (preferred).
Must wear proper OSHA approved work boots or shoes while on production floorApply Now
Metal Flow is looking for new, dedicated team member to fill roles as a Maintenance Technician. As a Maintenance Technician you will be responsible for the general maintenance of equipment & building within range of experience to perform tasks safely, and within OEM standards, using the resources of outside sources when necessary.
Education and Key Requirements: