The people of Metal Flow Corporation are deeply committed to providing the highest quality processes and products to customers around the world. We produce high volume, technically sophisticated custom metal components through the deep draw process using a variety of metals, and are actively seeking candidates who have an interest in working in a precision environment to create safety critical, quality product that serves primarily the global automotive industry. Successful team members will thrive in a fast-paced production environment while still maintaining organization, attention to detail, and a quality focus.
Metal Flow Offers:
Metal Flow is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Metal Flow Corporation is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Metal Flow Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Metal Flow Corporation expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. The company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who makes a complaint or participates in an investigation regarding possible EEO violations.
Are you finishing up your education at a local Tech Center? Are you currently in an Apprenticeship program but you're looking to switch your studies to a new employer? This might be the right opportunity for you! Get paid while you learn and further your career.
Metal Flow has a DOL registered Journeyman Toolmaker Apprenticeship Program that anticipates the addition of 2-4 new apprentices each year. Individuals interested in pursuing a career as a Journeyman Toolmaker should:
Job Type: Full-timeApply Now
Apply for an opportunity to develop and improve new and existing deep draw production processes. Improve machine efficiencies and SPM. While making process improvements or developing new processes guarantee part quality is maintained or improved. Engage in continuous improvement projects and recommend capital spend and justifications. Participate in the design, build and development of new tooling projects. While working in this role demonstrate a positive attitude, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, drive to meet deadlines, and a desire to grow with the company over the long-term.Apply Now
DETAILED JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Maintaining an organized inventory of tool crib items - 50%
· Maintaining an inventory system for all tools and equipment housed in the tool crib.
· Monitoring the usage of tools and equipment, and ordering replacements or repairs as needed.
· Ensuring all tools and equipment in the tool crib are safely stored and maintained.
· Proactively suggest and support cost saving initiatives and goals.
· Investigate new and existing supplier sources while also developing and monitoring current suppliers.
Monitor Order Statuses – 15%
· Track purchase orders and releases and work with source to ensure on time delivery.
· Monitor vendor managed items through orders, maintain blanket purchase orders, and usage data.
General Purchasing Responsibilities and Special Projects – 35%
· Stocking of safety related items in various locations throughout the building
· Monitoring of lunchroom supplies in various locations throughout the building.
· Housekeeping tasks as assigned.
· Other tasks, projects, and responsibilities as requested by direct supervisor.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Requirements:
Job Type: Full-timeApply Now
Metal Flow is looking for new, dedicated team members to fill roles as press and machine operators.
Metal Flow is currently searching for committed individuals with some manufacturing experience to fill Technical Operator roles on our production floor.
Metal Flow is actively looking for dedicated individuals with leadership and solid tool building skills to apply for positions as a machinists. Successful candidates should have strong organization and communication abilities and should be capable of performing specialized tool building activities on limited toolroom equipment. Individuals applying for this role should be energized by a fast-paced automotive environment while maintaining attention to detail and demonstrating commitment to driving and following processes.
Metal Flow is actively seeking experienced Journeyman Toolmakers who are interested in joining the Metal Flow team. A successful candidate will have considerable formal training on toolroom (lathes, mills, grinders etc) and/or production (ICOP, Transfer, and/or Progressive Presses) equipment. Additionally, Journeyman Toolmakers should be able to read and understand blueprints and use quality measurement tools with expertise.
Journeyman Toolmakers also responsible for monitoring tool usage and working with the toolcrib/toolroom to ensure that adequate back-up tools are on hand and properly prepared in advance of being needed to avoid unplanned and unnecessary downtime.
Journeyman Toolmakers are responsible for assisting in the design and engineering of tooling and should have an extensive ability to troubleshoot and problem solve on developments, new jobs, and existing jobs. Toolmakers should be leaders in the continuous improvement process and should have the ability to take ownership of driving process, tooling, and equipment enhancements that will improve production efficiency and product quality.
At Metal Flow Journeyman Toolmakers are encouraged to assist in the development of team members (including apprentices) and work constructively with others in various areas of the organization to achieve common goals.Apply Now
Metal Flow is looking for new, dedicated team member to fill roles as a Maintenance Technician on 3rd shift. As a Maintenance Technician you will be responsible for the general maintenance of equipment & building within range of experience to perform tasks safely, and within OEM standards, using the resources of outside sources when necessary.
Job Type: Full-Time
Education and Key Requirements:
The ideal Manufacturing Engineer candidate will demonstrate a positive attitude, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, drive to meet deadlines, and a desire to grow with a company over the long-term. Additionally, he/she will have proven self-directing project management skills, and proven leadership ability and desire to work in a team-based atmosphere.
Duties will include, but not be limited to: planning, directing, and coordinating manufacturing processes. The individual in this role will develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods while utilizing a his/her knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards. Individuals applying for this role should be energized by a fast-paced automotive environment while maintaining attention to detail and demonstrating commitment to driving and following processes.
This role is primarily responsible for the following activities:
Preferred Experience and Skills:
The main function of this position is to serve as the primary point of contact and owner of resolving customer concerns. This role is responsible for championing the resolution of external quality concerns, supporting the resolution of internal quality concerns, and assisting in proactively driving manufacturing’s quality performance through training others, implementing corrective actions and continuous improvements, auditing, and participating in quality planning activities to meet or exceed customer requirements and expectations.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES APPROXIMATE PERCENTAGE OF ENERGY
1. Champion the Resolution of External Quality Concerns 60%
2. Resolve Internal Quality Concerns 25%
3. Proactively Drive Manufacturing’s Quality Performance 15%
1. Champion the Resolution of External Quality Concerns – 60%
· Serve as the primary contact for assigned customers who are experiencing quality concerns.
· Provide customers with a timely response regarding quality concerns.
· Lead problem solving efforts to satisfactorily resolve customer quality concerns and communicate appropriately as needed.
· Champion 8D/corrective action efforts to resolve customer concerns with the appropriate Metal Flow personnel.
· Assemble and lead the appropriate team of cross-functional individuals to ensure problem solving and corrective actions are cohesively developed and implemented.
· Drive problem-solving efforts and corrective action activities, ensuring total completion.
· Request further assistance, if needed, from management to keep concern response 100% on time.
· Responsible for addressing and closing customer audit findings.
· Facilitate the problem-solving processes to determine root cause and identify corrective actions.
· Adopt a lead role in ensuring the corrective actions are implemented by managing the projects that will fully resolve issue.
· Ensure all open customer concerns are answered on time.
· Use knowledge and understanding of all processes used to produce customer’s products (i.e. broach, raw material, welding, cleaning, heat treating, plating etc.) to ensure comprehensive involvement in the customer’s products.
· May be asked to support problem-solving and improvement activities at Metal Flow’s suppliers.
2. Resolve Internal Quality Concerns – 25%
· Support the resolution of internal quality concerns by:
· Sharing the customers’ vision, being the voice of the customer, and a liaison between the customer and internal team.
· Compiling and analyzing internal and external sort and statistical data to drive corrective actions.
· Ensuring all materials in the MRB are correctly and fully dispositioned in a timely fashion.
· Validating the implementation of corrective actions and being a resource to assist with internal problem solving and corrective actions.
· Improving quality systems and teaching others about the overall quality functions and requirements of products.
3. Proactively Drive Manufacturing’s Quality Performance – 15%
· Training Others
· Ensure appropriate team members have an understanding of customer specific requirements.
· Follow-up and ensure that training, auditing, and verification of corrective actions are effective and properly implemented.
· Driving Quality Improvements
· Use data and statistics to identify and build process, equipment, or product enhancements that will drive quality improvements proactively.
· Support continuous improvement efforts.
· Conduct audits of Metal Flow’s quality systems and manufacturing processes, procedures, and products.
· Planning Activities
· Participate in planning activities (such as APQP) to develop strong processes, products, and quality measurement tools (gaging & fixturing deign).
4. General Responsibilities and Projects
a. Other tasks, projects, and responsibilities as requested by direct supervisor.
b. Practice and promote safe work habits and support the housekeeping and 5S initiatives of the organization by engaging and enhancing the process.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Requirements:
Not sure what you are qualified for? Use our general application to apply and learn more about our company.Apply Now